2 shot during deli robbery | Crime
ATLANTA -- Atlanta Police are looking for a man suspected of robbing a deli and then shooting the cashier.
The robbery happened at around 2:30 p.m. Nov. 29 at American Deli on Cascade Avenue.
Police said the suspect got in line at the deli like he was preparing to order food. When he got to the counter, he pulled out a gun and told the clerk to put the cash register's drawer in his bag.
As the suspect left, he fired three shots, according to police. The 21-year-old cashier was hit in the stomach and was taken to Grady Memorial Hospital. A 24-year-old cook was also grazed by a bullet.
Surveillance cameras captured the entire robbery. Witnesses and police described the suspect as a skinny black man wearing a black hooded sweatshirt and baggy jeans.
Anyone with information in this case is asked to call Atlanta Police at 404-546-4255 or Crime Stoppers Atlanta at 404-577-8477. Tipsters can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a reward of up to $2,000.
Upcoming Events near Southwest Atlanta
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bystander struck in south Fulton apartment shooting
- Teen accused of stabbing grandmother to death
- Award-winning writers, activists artists at Spelman for Octavia Butler Celebration
- Teens of Excellence Prom Closet Program needs formalwear donations for Male and Female Teens
- 2 shot, 1 fatally, in SW Atlanta