ATM stolen from Atlanta gas station | Crime
ATLANTA -- Police are looking for about eight suspects accused of stealing an ATM from an Atlanta gas station.
The ATM was taken from the Chevron station in the 550 block of Northside Drive at around 5:30 a.m. Thursday.
Atlanta police spokeswoman Kim Jones said two vans, each of which had about four people inside, pulled up to the gas station. One of the vans seemed to act as a lookout, while the suspects backed the other one into the station's Food Mart twice.
RAW VIDEO | Robbers smash van into Chevron Food Mart
Several men got out of the second van and loaded an ATM inside. Both vans then drove away.
The Food Mart was open at the time, and an overnight clerk witnessed the robbery. He said at least one of the suspects was armed with a gun.
Jones said the vans were found abandoned about 45 minutes later on Interstate 20 at Hamilton E. Holmes Drive. The ATM was still inside the second van.
The vans were registered to the Molly World Academy on Martin Luther King Jr. Drive, according to Jones.
The suspects are still at large.
Upcoming Events near Southwest Atlanta
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bystander struck in south Fulton apartment shooting
- Teen accused of stabbing grandmother to death
- Award-winning writers, activists artists at Spelman for Octavia Butler Celebration
- Teens of Excellence Prom Closet Program needs formalwear donations for Male and Female Teens
- 2 shot, 1 fatally, in SW Atlanta