Broken water main spewing water in SW Atlanta | News
ATLANTA -- Southwest Atlanta got a taste of Old Faithful Wednesday morning thanks to a broken water main.
Water began shooting high over Cascade Road and Cascade Parkway in Southwest Atlanta at about 10 a.m.
Atlanta Watershed spokeswoman Janet Ward said the 8-inch water valve ruptured near the intersection. Broken pipes are not uncommon this time of year, as temperature changes cause the ground to expand and contract, Ward said.
Crews capped the geyser before 11:30 a.m. and expect to repair the line by early Wednesday afternoon.
Ward said a nearby townhouse community and Kaiser Permanente clinic had their water service affected by the break. Traffic did not appear to be affected.
Upcoming Events near Southwest Atlanta
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Blank, MLS Commissioner welcome Atlanta's appetite for soccer
- Center for Puppetry Arts to Display Iconic Mask and Puppets Featured in Disney’s THE LION KING
- Heros4Heros Fun Run and Healthy Heroes Festival
- Fulton County Workforce Development Offers Employment Assistance to 16 – 21 Year Olds
- Publix Georgia Marathon & Half Marathon Will Attract Thousands to Atlanta for Eighth Annual Running