Fulton Co. paternity suit claims Michael Jordan is father of 16-year-old | News
ATLANTA -- An Atlanta woman filed a paternity suit on February 8 in Fulton County, claiming that basketball superstar Michael Jordan is the father of her 16-year-old son.
In the lawsuit, Pamela Smith claims the boy, Grant Pierce Jay Jordan Reynolds, also known as "Taj," was born in June 1996.
Smith wants a paternity test to prove that her son is Jordan's. She also is asking the boy's last name be legally changed to Jordan.
She's asking for child support based upon Georgia support guidelines, along with expenses for medical, dental and hospital care not included in her own health insurance.
In a video on YouTube, Taj - an aspiring rapper using the names TajTareef and Taj Jordan - claims to be the son of Jordan. A biographical profile on ReverbNation.com says the Westlake High School 10th grader says he is "already producing his own tracks."
When asked about the lawsuit on Friday, Jordan's representative responded with a "no comment."
Upcoming Events near Southwest Atlanta
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hunger Walk marks 30th anniversary Sunday
- Blank, MLS Commissioner welcome Atlanta's appetite for soccer
- Center for Puppetry Arts to Display Iconic Mask and Puppets Featured in Disney’s THE LION KING
- Heros4Heros Fun Run and Healthy Heroes Festival
- Fulton County Workforce Development Offers Employment Assistance to 16 – 21 Year Olds