GSP trooper involved in shooting | News
ATLANTA -- A Georgia State Patrol trooper was involved in a shooting after chasing a stolen car Friday morning.
The shooting happened at around 10:20 a.m. on Susan Lane SW in southwest Atlanta.
Police said the incident began when the trooper spotted the stolen Acura and began following it. Both cars pulled into Susan Lane, which is a cul-du-sac.
The Acura tried to drive away and hit the trooper's car head-on. When the trooper tried to arrest the two people inside, one of the suspects, 20-year-old Alexander Streeter, climbed out of the passenger side window and pulled out a gun. The trooper opened fire, hitting Streeter.
Streeter is in critical condition at Grady Memorial Hospital. The other suspect, 21-year-old Dvante Pollard, was taken into custody. The trooper was not injured and has been placed on standard administrative leave.
Police said both Pollard and Streeter have several warrants out for their arrests in their hometown of Columbus.
Upcoming Events near Southwest Atlanta
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bystander struck in south Fulton apartment shooting
- Teen accused of stabbing grandmother to death
- Award-winning writers, activists artists at Spelman for Octavia Butler Celebration
- Teens of Excellence Prom Closet Program needs formalwear donations for Male and Female Teens
- 2 shot, 1 fatally, in SW Atlanta